The 13-year-old son of discredited conspiracy theorist Rebekah Jones, a twice-failed Democrat congressional candidate, was arrested in Florida this week for allegedly threatening to shoot up a school.
“My son has been taken on the gov’s orders,” Jones declared on Twitter, “and I’ve had to send my husband and daughter out of state for their safety. THIS is the reality of living in DeSantis’ Florida.”
“They took him away for sharing memes because he has a target on his back because I bested that short basturd who wants to be president,” she claimed. “They kidnapped him, because that’s what they do in Florida. Steal your children as political punishment.”
Police arrested and charged Jones’ son with “written or electronic threat to conduct a mass shooting or an act of terrorism, a second-degree felony,” NBC News reported.
“Basically one of the kids in school was on Snapchat, got a Snapchat from this individual that basically said something along the lines ‘I’m feeling silly today I think I may shoot up a bunch of people in a building’ and then she showed that to a resource officer who then got in touch with a resource officer at Holley-Navarre Middle School where this gentleman used to attend, and then we took it through the process,” Santa Rosa County Sheriff Bob Johnson told local media.
A search warrant of the suspect’s Snapchat account was conducted, which led to the recovery of several messages from back in February that stated:
- “I want to shoot up the school”
- “If I get a gun I’m gonna shoot up hnms lol”
- “I always keep a knife on me so maybe I’ll just stab ppl idk”
- “Nah if I do kill people I’ll just kill myself”
- “I’m getting a wrath and natural selection shirt so maybe but I don’t think many ppl know what the columbine shooters look like.”
- “Okay so it’s been like 3-4 weeks since I got on my new antidepressants and they aren’t working but they’re suppose to by now so I have no hope in getting better so why not kill the losers at school.”
Despite Jones’ claim that DeSantis “kidnapped” her son, video actually shows her taking him into the police station.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE DAILYWIRE+ APP
VIDEO: Rebekah Jones turns in her son at the Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s Office for threatening to shoot up a middle school pic.twitter.com/7L9zAlwmPZ
— Max (@MaxNordau) April 6, 2023
Read the full article here
Discussion about this post