Kathy Griffin is finding “comfort” in the knowledge that Russell Brand has “a price to pay” for years of alleged bad behavior.
The comic, 62, shared an eerie PSA after multiple women accused the “Get Him To The Greek” actor, 48, of rape and sexual misconduct, claiming that “there’s so many more coming.”
“I am actually excited about the news getting out about Russell Brand,” Griffin said in an Instagram video Sunday.
“It has taken forever to catch up with that sleaze bag.”
Griffin went on to claim that Brand once groped one of her friends who approached him during an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting.
“She went to shake his hand … and he got in her face and pushed his groin against hers,” she alleged.
A rep for Brand — who previously denied all accusations made against him — did not immediately return our request for comment.
“You don’t hear this s–t about Dame Judi Dench,” Griffin pointed out, noting the double standard between male and female comedians.
“You don’t hear that Julianne Moore is sexually assaulting somebody,” she went on.
Rather, women in the comedy space are often labelled “difficult,” “bitchy” or bossy,” the former “My Life on the D-List” star told her followers.
“In the female comedy world, it is constantly an uphill battle,” she said.
“It gives me a little comfort when guys like Russell Brand finally have some price to pay,” she concluded, noting that his level of success was “ridiculous” in “light of this behavior.”
“Trainwreck” star Amy Schumer quickly jumped into the comments section of the post.
“I love you! I hope to some day earn as much as the rapists and transphobes in the game,” she began.
“Also it’s just like a part of my story that I have taken jokes from other comics and I have never in my life not even once done that. We have to just fight for ourselves.”
The video comes one week after four women accused Katy Perry’s ex-husband of multiple incidents — ranging from rape and sexual assault to emotional abuse — in a bombshell exposé published by the Sunday Times.
The alleged incidents took place at the height of his career between 2006 and 2013.
One of Brand’s unnamed accusers claimed that he raped her “against a wall” in his Los Angeles home in 2012. She told the outlet that she visited a rape center the following day.
Another victim claimed she and Brand were in an “emotionally abusive and controlling” relationship when she was just 16 and he was in his 30s.
The “Forgetting Sarah Marshall” actor vehemently denied all of the “extremely disturbing” accusations before the exposé was published.
“I have received two extremely disturbing letters, or a letter and an email, one from a mainstream media TV company, one from a newspaper, listing a litany of egregious and aggressive attacks. Amidst this litany of astonishing, rather baroque attacks, are some very serious allegations that I absolutely refute,” he said in a video posted to Instagram earlier this month.
“When I was in the movies, and as I’ve written about extensively in my books, I was very, very promiscuous. During that time of promiscuity, the relationships that I had were absolutely always consensual,” he continued.
“[There are] witnesses whose evidence directly contradicts the narratives that these two mainstream media outlets are trying to construct, apparently, in what seems to me to be a coordinated attack.”
Read the full article here