Police in Detroit have arrested a suspect in the murder of Samantha Woll, a Jewish community leader who was stabbed to death at her home last month.
Detroit Police Chief James White said in an announcement Wednesday that investigators will be working around the clock to bring murder charges against the suspect, who they can only hold for 48 hours unless they can provide probable cause to detain them longer.
“While this is an encouraging development in our desire to bring closure for Ms. Woll’s family, it does not represent the conclusion of our work in this case,” White said in a statement. “The details of the investigation will remain confidential at this time to ensure the integrity of the important steps that remain.”
“Investigators will be continuing their work with the Wayne County Prosecutors Office until the conclusion of this investigation,” White added.
Woll was stabbed inside her home on October 21 after returning from a wedding. She later stumbled into her front yard until someone discovered her body and called 911. Given that her murder took place after the horrific terrorist attack on Israel, speculation immediately centered on whether or not the attack may have been a hate crime. Police, however, insist that no evidence indicates the attack resulted from antisemitism or anti-Israel animus.
“White has insisted that there’s no evidence linking the 40-year-old Woll’s Oct. 21 killing to ongoing tensions in Israel, or that the stabbing was motivated by antisemitism or the victim’s position as president of the Isaac Agree Downtown Synagogue,” noted The Detroit News.
“During a press conference three days after the homicide, White assured reporters from local and national media outlets that evidence didn’t point to a hate crime,” it added.
White emphasized that police believe the suspect “acted alone” and was not “motivated by antisemitism.”
Nonetheless, antisemitic attacks against Jewish Americans have been on the rise since the October 7 massacre. Just this week, a 65-year-old Jewish man was killed by a pro-Palestinian protester at a rally.
“A Jewish man from Los Angeles was confirmed dead Monday after he was allegedly struck in the head by a megaphone wielded by pro-Palestinian protester at an anti-Israel rally,” noted Breitbart News. “The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles, the umbrella body of Jewish philanthropy in the area, confirmed the death in a statement Monday, saying it was the ‘fourth major antisemitic crime committed in Los Angeles this year alone.’”
Paul Roland Bois directed the award-winning feature film, EXEMPLUM, which can be viewed for FREE on YouTube or Tubi. A high-quality, ad-free stream can also be purchased on Google Play or Vimeo on Demand. Follow him on Twitter @prolandfilms or Instagram @prolandfilms.
Read the full article here